Thursday, December 10, 2009

Many things!

I hope you had a chance to go to Lynsay's blog and meet Josiah. She also needs volunteers during the month of February, to help out with the babies, as I think her nannies want to go be with their families during that time, plus several of the babies are scheduled for surgery. I sent in an application to do it, but God would need to work mighty miracles to make it happen...like providing all the monies, since I have $8 in my checking account. And that includes money to pay the bills HERE, as well...and someone to step up to the plate and care for ShaoXi. It's a lot, but we have a GREAT, BIG GOD, whose heart is broken for these precious little ones.

ShaoXi is gearing up for next weekend's big production. She was given the role of a Snowflake in the Nutcracker Ballet!!! This is an on pointe part...her first time to dance on pointe!!! Excitement reigns! Her godmother, Gramma Donna, and our dear friend, Auntie Milena, are flying up from Florida to see it! Even MORE excitement!!! We are gonna have a blast! They have never seen our house, so we are on high alert, getting ready for them...not to mention, decorating for Christmas...which in THIS house means a tree of some sort in every room, and stuff GALORE everywhere else! It is really something! :)

Of course, on Sunday Shao casually mentioned that she thought she needed new pointe shoes. WHAT?!?!? NOW?!?!? So I had her show them to her ballet teacher on Monday evening...Yep, she needed 'em...IMMEDIATELY!!! Like, as in, the next day! Cuz it would take time to break new ones in, but there was no way the old ones would last through the performances. YIKES! And to make it all sweeter (tongue in cheek, here!), just before she LEFT for her Monday night class, her ballet slipper broke...the elastic came untied, and one end disappeared into the casing...never to be seen again. I told her to ask the teacher if this was fixable...NOPE. SOOO...I pulled her out of school early on Tuesday, and we headed into New Haven, to the ballet store. $140 later, we left. sigh. But she is all set for awhile. And her precious Gramma Donna is sending us the money to cover it. I charged it. I do have a charge card (silly people gave me one!) but never use it, as I can't pay it back! :) Comes in handy now and again!

My sweet little great-nieces are getting dedicated this Sunday! Should be interesting...they are just in the beginning stages of "stranger anxiety" and I can't imagine what they will do when the pastor tries to hold them! HA!!! Hayleigh will WAIL...I think Cadence will be fine. Can't wait to see them dedicated. So sweet, they are! I love those girlies beyond reason!

That's pretty much the highlights of things here. Yesterday we woke up to snow and blowing wind. While the town we live in had school (90 min. delay), the school I drive for was closed. So I only had a noon time run. Not what I needed...I am still trying to play catch-up from being out of work a week with back spasms in Oct. Can't wait until I can file my income tax...I will get some money and get myself out of the hole!!!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment