Thursday, August 6, 2009

Updates

So...many things to mention!

First of all, Shao is LOVING Ballet Camp! She is learning SOOOO much! I am thrilled for her. We have already put 400 miles on the car...it's about 100 miles a day...translates into LOTS of gas money. I COULD cut that in half, if I were willing to stay up in East Lyme for the 7 hours of camp...don't think so! Plus this week I am dogsitting again for my brother, so that wouldn't work, anyhow. Next week is another story! :)

Rent...not paid yet. I will now owe a late fee. There is a possibility of monies coming in soon, but I am not sure. However, my sister does need me a couple of times next week to clean with her, so that will be good. Meanwhile, for reasons totally unknown to me, Unemployment has a hold on my benefits check, which doesn't bode well for next week's, either. I am going to try and call them tomorrow, but that is a nightmare in itself. Not fun trying to get through to a real person!

Cindy...precious Cindy died this past Monday, peacefully at home, surrounded by family, holding her husband Howard's hand. Pray for this dear family. They have 10 kids, and 4 or 5 of them are under age 10, one is adult, and the rest teenagers. I think all but the oldest are adopted. The littlest ones have only been home a year or two. This has to be devastating, all around.

Stellan...that precious baby boy is doing GOOD! Read his mama's blog for more info, but if you ask me, it's right up the "miracle alley."

We had a BLAST last weekend! The parents of Shao's friend asked us out on the boat, to motor over to Greenport LI for the day! It was such a blast!!!! The day couldn't have been better, weather wise, and we had a lot of fun! Except...for maybe getting on and off the boat in Greenport. Let me set the scene. First of all...me...short stubby legs, short period. Second: dock...fixed not floating. This means it does NOT move with the tides. So if the tide is OUT, the boat is low, but not the dock! Tide: OUT. Movement of boat: LOTS OF PITCHING, both out and in, AND up and down...and not in very good, dependable rhythm, either. Me (again): afraid of heights/falling. Umm...make that afraid of making a fool of myself! :) Height differential: at least 3 feet. Distance differential: at least 3 feet. Summation: I DID it...but it wasn't easy, pretty, or fast. I had to really work my courage up! YIKES!!!!! Next time, I think I will just jump in the water, then SWIM to the swim platform at the back of the boat! :)

Anyhow. It was a blast. This coming weekend Shao has a sleepover at a friends on Saturday night, and I have been invited to friend's for dinner. On Sunday we have church, then I am going to a ladies pool party with ladies from the church. Looking forward to really meeting people...I know one or two by name, other than my dear friend Kathy Mac, who I've known since 1973!!

So...that's our story for now. God is good...all the time!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment