Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ministry in your own backyard

Today ShaoXi got herself up early and headed off with her friend Megan and her parents. Nope, they were definitely NOT off for a day of fun and excitement. Today ShaoXi volunteered to go with her BFF to have minor surgery, to keep her company and minister to her. Miss Megan is phobic about drs, needles, and all things medical. When I say phobic, I mean she goes absolutely ballistic, kicking, clawing, hitting, biting, screaming, and swearing...and that's the better moments, I'm told! So ShaoXi offered to go along and console her friend. And I'm told it was way better than usual, and that Megan's parents were deeply grateful to ShaoXi for coming. I'm thankful for a child with a giving and compassionate heart. And that Megan's surgery went well. Now we just have to wait for the biopsy results. That could be a bit daunting. Please pray that it is a good outcome.

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment