Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dustin's Place

So, camp is over. But 104 children, and 30 or so Jr. Counselors are still in my heart and mind, and in my prayers. I have to say, that was one of the most amazing camps EVER. I am so excited for where God is going to take this ministry! Skip & Colleen are looking for a large (50+acres) of land, with a lake/pond on it, to buy. Their dream is to have a kid's camp all summer long, then host other groups throughout the rest of the year. They want to have animals at the camp...horses, who knows what?!? :) For next year, they are hoping to have camp for 2 or 3 weeks. After that, the whole summer. But they need to find land. They need to find a BIG piece of land, with certain things on it, to make the camp work well. Please pray for this end, so that the Kingdom of God might be glorified, and many young hearts reached with the message of Jesus' love!

We are talking about me maybe living on the grounds, and caring for the animals. Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever? If we had too many animals, I would definitely need help. I'm not getting any younger. LOL! :) But I think it sounds heavenly. And to be involved with this ministry...what a gift THAT would be!!! :) I intend to be involved with the kids' camp no matter what. I just loved watching these kids worship God and open their hearts to Him. Precious, precious times!

So...now we are home...the mundane has taken over. I am dog-sitting until Thursday night...then doing it again M-F, next week. Thankfully they left the money ahead of time, so I used it to pay my rent. Unbelievable, that SOMEHOW $1000 came in this month. Of course, I haven't paid any utilities, so that needs to be addressed. But I am amazed that I came up with August's rent. What a clear blessing from God!

The last week of this month we are going to Niagara Falls with my friend Wendy and her kids. I have never been, so am excited for this little vacation. And it's not costing us much, as Wendy is paying all traveling costs, and for the hotel room. We just have to pay for food, and $66 for our Niagara passes, which get us into the Cave of the Winds, the Aquarium, on the Maid of the Mist, and onto the trolley...and something else, I can't remember. $33 each...not really a bad deal at all! :)

That's all the news for now. Hope everyone is having an AWESOME summer. I can tell you that I am glad, glad, glad to have my baby girl home. Oh, how I missed her! :)

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment