Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Consider it all joy...

Sometimes things happen that take your breath away. Or at least give you pause to think. Today I got an email from my precious friend Lori. She is having surgery today to remove a lump, one in EACH breast. And of course, the fear is that it is cancer. She has two precious daughters from China, the oldest of which was adopted at the same time as my ShaoXi. Please pray for the whole family. I love them so very much! To top it all off, her husband needs to find a new position within his present company, or he WILL be laid off in a month. Lori was laid off in December from her job of 20 something years. AND over the weekend they were at an event where a little boy drowned...so things are a bit traumatic in their household. Pray, please.

So, I am sitting here, praying for Lori and family, the phone rings. And it is the radiologist. I myself had a mammogram, last Thursday, and they want me back in for more pictures...and possibly an ultrasound. Note to self, "Take a deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth! Breath, now!" How's that for timing, huh? The fact that the very nice lady on the phone seemed to urgently want me to come in THIS week was not exactly reassuring. Prayer needed here, folks. I am a little nervous. Not really frightened, but still. And to take a lighter tone...hey, I could USE a breast reduction! I think I would lose a lot of weight if the worst were to happen! Oh, man. Still nervous. Pray, please!

So...I'll post later. About other things. Right now I have to go practice my deep breathing.

Blessings...Nancy

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, that you might be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment