Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long time, no post!

Wow...I haven't posted in six days. For me, that's a long time. Let's see, what's been happenin'? Well, Shao was out sick from school the first two days of last week. Fever on Monday, escalating throughout the day, but then NOTHING on Tuesday, although she still wasn't up to par. Then poor kid had to spend the rest of the week trying to catch up on homework missed, tests, etc. It hardly pays to stay out of school, I guess!

Nothing much going on with me, other than the usual things...work, chauferring kids around, dishes, meals, laundry. That about sums up my life. Ho-hum.

We DID have some awful news on Monday. An old friend of mine contacted me to let me know her dad died on Sunday evening. I knew he had very bad congestive heart failure, and she had told me a month or two before that they were given the news that he would not make it to Christmas. BUT...he committed suicide. So tragic. He was 75 years old. I will miss him, although I haven't seen him in a few years. But still...

Today we went back to our new church. Heard ANOTHER pastor preach (that's three in three weeks!) To be fair, the new head pastor is in the process of moving his family out here from Colorado...which is a fair distance from CT! So I think within a month the move should be complete, and things more normal. Not complaining, because today's message was great, too! :)
I drive past the church several times a day on my different runs, and it always makes me smile to think THAT is MY new church! And with Shao feeling miserable, I was worried that we might not be able to attend today...I mean, REALLY feeling sad that we might not...which is quite a change, and obviously an indication of how very badly we NEEDED to change churches! :)

Nothing new on the horizon for this week, really. Next weekend is Memorial Day, and Shao is marching in the parade on Monday with the band. That should be interesting! :) I don't think she is going to take band next year. It really isn't her forte, although she certainly has improved in her flute playing of late!

After next weekend Shao has one week of regular dance classes, and then it is production week, culminating in her performance at the Schubert Theater in New Haven on Friday night the 5th of June. I THINK she is done with dance until September then, although there may be one more week of classes. Must find this out!

Meanwhile, my Mom, sister Deb, brother Mike, Aunt Carol and her friend Larry are sailing to Alaska for a 2 wk cruise, as we speak! They flew out to BC Canada this morning, to board the ship. Some day, maybe we'll wangle a cruise. I would like to at least TRY it! :)

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment