Sunday, November 1, 2009

Carol

Last night we received the heartbreaking news that our precious friend Carol lost her courageous battle with cancer. She was one of the wittiest, funniest, sweetest, generous people I have ever met. I just LOVED hanging out with her, it was so much fun!!!! I can only imagine that her husband Bruce is lost right now without her by his side. I can't imagine his pain, nor that of her kids and grandkids. She was younger than me by a year or two, I think. Oh, how our family loved her! She will be so very much missed by all who knew her.





My girl doesn't know yet. She was away for the night last night, so I will have to break the news to her, a task I do not relish. This little girl (okay, not SO little anymore! But still little to ME!) had lost more people in her short life than I have in my entire life. I hate that for her. When I told her a few weeks ago that Auntie Carol's cancer had come back with a vengeance, and she only had a week or two to live, Shao cried. And in typical kid fashion (not to belittle her grief, it was VERY real!) she lifted her head, tears on her face, and said "Oh, MOMMY!!! WHO will buy me all those amazing presents? (Aunt Carol had a talent for finding the perfect gifts!) You know I love Uncle Bruce, but he gets me things like "Boys Smell Funny" ( a book/journal that she loves and uses, but still!) Kids are so funny, even in the darkest of times.





Here is a layout I did last night, and a poem I wrote. I will miss you Carol, but I will see you one day soon!





Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment