Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

You know, it makes it easier to jump in and blog a little, when you have these "themes" for some days! SOOO...thankfulness. I'm full of it! :)

I am thankful...first and foremost, for my Lord and Saviour, Jesus! For His redemptive work in my life, and for His mercy to me, a sinner. For the Holy Spirit Who dwells within me, helping me to live this life IN HIM.

I am thankful to live in this amazing country, The United States of America. Where I can walk out of my house and go anywhere I want, and no one questions it. I can worship freely with my amazing church family anytime I wish. I am thankful for the people who KEEP this country that way...for our servicemen and women who put their lives in harms way on a daily...no, hourly...um, maybe MINUTE by MINUTE basis, so that I can keep these freedoms. I am not only thankful for those who currently serve, but for those who have served in the past, since the founding of this great land. I think of my Dad, whom I miss dearly, who led his platoon onto the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, in WWII. Of his bravery, and all those who followed him.

I am thankful for my family, but MOST especially for my precious daughter, a gift beyond measure, priceless and cherished. I often think that if I could have had free rein in China, to pick ANY child I wanted, I could NEVER have chosen as well as God did, when He gave me the gift of ShaoXi. Blessings abound!

I am thankful for every day that I wake up and LIVE my life.

Oh, I have so much more...but time flies by, and I need to get to work! A job...another thing to be thankful for!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment