Friday, May 21, 2010

Teenagers!

So...yesterday, ShaoXi was all upset because she has two friends who lately have been ignoring her, in her eyes. They sit at her lunch table, but they whisper to each other, which ShaoXi has asked them not to do, to no avail. And if she is with one of them, talking to them, if the other comes up, the two just wander away, leaving ShaoXi standing there. I suppose, though she hasn't said it, is that these two girls were NOT friends before they each became a really GOOD friend of Shao's, and then she introduced them to one another. I would imagine that hurts a bit. There is another friend who is also feeling the same way, very left out, very sad. And the two girls are SWEETHEARTS, so I don't even think they realize what they are doing.

Thus...the intervention. I am so stinkin' proud of this girl of mine. She does NOT take after her mama, who talks a good talk, but when push comes to shove, doesn't do this well...she contacted all three of the other girls, and they are having a meeting with a guidance counselor (who Shao said she is going to ask NOT to talk, just to mediate if the need arises!) :) I think it might be about NOW, actually...hang on! Okay...I'm back....bathed it all in prayer again. Sweet girl of mine.

So...life with a teenager. I am blessed that she is not snotty or defiant, rebellious or wild. She is a total sweetheart, and doesn't handle rejection well. Been there, done that, I get it. BUT...she IS willing to step out and make herself vulnerable. You know why? Well, first, because she knows how to be a true friend. And second....she wants her friends to come to know the Lord, to have a personal, on fire relationship with Jesus that lights up their lives. And if she walks away, she feels she will have failed to lead them to her Saviour. I told her that God Himself will provide a way for them, but that it is up to THEM to choose to take the gift of salvation. So I did NOT want her to feel that way, but that I DID expect, even if she chose to walk, that she would continue to care about them and pray for them.

I'll keep ya posted!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment