Saturday, April 17, 2010

Home, sweet home!

It's funny. No matter how much fun it is to be on vacation, no matter how much you already miss the folks you were with, there's nothing like coming home. We were ecstatic to be home, to be done with traveling for a little bit, to sleep in our own beds, to be surrounded by our own things. Home. It's a beautiful thing.

And yet...there are so many out in this world who don't have that in any way, shape or form. I think of the people of Haiti, and those in China recently, who have been devastated by an earthquake, and are literally without a single possession other than the clothes on their backs. And I can't fathom that depth of misery. I really can't. But there is a small, teeny, tiny part of me that wishes I could. Oh, don't misunderstand me...I am grateful for all we have. But sometimes it is hard for a spoiled American to even empathize with those in misery around us. And I feel a little shame in that. Maybe more than a little.

Lord, help me to see people through YOUR eyes, which work oh so much better than my own!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment