Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OOOF!!

That's the sound of me, exhaling loudly. Yesterday was that sort of day. Seriously. To start it off...on Sunday morning, I trotted out to my car (which was parked in an ever-growing puddle), got in, and made it two feet out of my driveway when I realized "I have a flat tire!" Thankfully, my Mom was just coming out of the house, headed to church with my sister, so I borrowed Mom's car, and off I went.

When I got home, Mom called AAA, and they came out and changed the tire. ( I DID move the car to the other side of the driveway, so the poor guy wouldn't have to change it in a puddle!)
Yesterday after my morning bus run, I took the car over to the tire place. He took one look at the flat, and said it was shot. Okay. Not happy, but it is what it is. He said he'd put a new one on the rim and call me when it was done. No call until 10 min. before I was ready to head out the door on my afternoon run, so I told him I would be there after work.

When he put the car up on the lift, it wasn't good news. The OTHER front tire was just as bad as the one that had gone flat. So...now I am buying TWO new tires. Sigh. Walked out $300 poorer, but at least my car is safe to drive! The guy said the back tires looked pretty good. Thank you, Lord! Bad enough. I hate these unexpected things...they really make me scramble for money. I am SURE it is another chance for me to trust God to meet the need. But you know? Sometimes it sure does get tiring! I wish I'd learn the lesson, alright, already! :) Sheesh!

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment