Tuesday, April 28, 2009

True Story Tuesday!

It's that time again! And I am trying to think of things that embarrassed me. But I'm senile, so it's difficult! But here's a story for ya, and it's true!

When we flew home from China, via LA, we got on the plane, and SAT on the runway for 2 hours!!!!! Problems with the a/c system...oh, isn't THAT nice, to sit on a hot plan for hours! NOT!!!

Anyhow, that was not really the issue in this story. The ISSUE was what ISSUED from ShaoXi! OH MY WORD! A diaper blowout par excellence! NOW...remember I am a new mom. I am on a plane. At LEAST I had extra clothes and diapers, so ya gotta give me credit for THAT! :)
So...I take her to the back of the plane, and then into the spacious bathroom...NOT! Have you EVER tried to clean up a one year old, change ALL her clothes (oh, yeah...up the back, into the socks...lovely!) and NOT get poop all over the bathroom? I had her on the toilet seat (closed), and she was NOT happy, as both her head and feet hung off. Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth! Poor thing.

After an inordinately LONG time, we emerged from the bathroom, to see two flight attendants staring at us, with big eyes. One of them piped up and said, "You know, next time you can change her out here...we have a mat!" Thank you for that information...wished we'd had it sooner! :) The good part of the story is that she never did fall off on her head, the bathroom was left clean (thank you diaper wipes!), and as far as I can tell, the child was not traumatized for life! :)

Blessings...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment